Sunday, August 3, 2008

Gene & Brenda's visit

Well this is my oldest brother, Gene and his wife, Brenda. Gene was always a goof off when we were growing up and he still is. Every family should have a goof off 'cause it just keeps everything from being too serious. Friday night they came to our home and we had a T-bone steak dinner, from our own home grown cows and new red potatoes out of our own garden that Jeff slaves over. Mmm, mmm good. Jeff cooks those steaks to perfection. I have tried and always fail to get them just right. (It is always good to tell the husband how well he cooks so he will keep doing it) =-). Then Sunday night we went to the parents home and had the infamous spaghetti and garlic roll dinner. WOW was that good. Of course those were the best rolls my mom has ever made. (My dad always says this with each meal). But really they are always excellent. Bryce used to ask my mom to teach him how to make the garlic rolls, 'cause they were so good.

I did remember to take my camera and took this picture of us in the parents home. Turned out pretty good, huh. It is a rarity to have this many family members in the same place so I thought it best to record for future reference when I can't remember when we last got together. Ahh, Life is good. We will be traveling to Utah on the 15th of August and hopefully I will remember the camera and will have more pix then. We love you all and hope to see everyone in the near future.

5 comments:

The Wynn Family said...

Good food and good people what more could you want? It was nice to see your parents; I haven't seen them for a while.

Anonymous said...

You kids do a great job on this blogging thing. And the pictures sure add to the info. One ? though--who is that short grayhair old women standing next to your Dad? Love you all! Gene & Betty

Carter Family said...

I do miss those garlic rolls. I still wish I knew how to make them.
Bryce

Lance and Caetie said...

Hey, Mary, I like that outfit!..wink wink...

Carter Clan said...

WOW Mary you look great! Family get togethers are awesome.. and I think there's no cookin like mom's cookin. Glad you had a great time.